- This event has passed.
May 1, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 9:05 pm
SOLD OUT. Tickets for seating in the front 3 rows will be available at the door at 7:15 p.m.
Screening Wed. May 1, 7:30 p.m.
Rated 96% on Rotten Tomatoes
HAIL SATAN? is an inspiring, and entertaining documentary about a clever religious group with a mischievous sense of humor. The group, provocatively named The Satanic Temple, organizes public actions advocating for religious freedom and the Constitutional provision for separation of Church and State. (The seven tenets of The Satanic Temple are listed below).
“PHENOMENAL! Sets out to subvert American history with intelligence and wit.” – Amy Nicholson, Variety
“Wickedly funny, fascinating and niftily made, this crowd-pleaser will reign at festivals and prove, yet again, that the devil always has the best tunes.” – Leslie Felperin, Hollywood Reporter
“Laugh-out-loud funny, but it’s also the one cinematic civics lesson you need to see this year.” – Roger Moore, Movie Nation
“Provocative, hilarious, and latently enraging documentary about The Satanic Temple.” – David Ehrlich, IndieWire
The 7 tenets of The Satanic Temple:
• One should strive to act with compassion and empathy toward all creatures in accordance with reason.
• The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
• One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
• The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo one’s own.
• Beliefs should conform to one’s best scientific understanding of the world. One should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit one’s beliefs.
• People are fallible. If one makes a mistake, one should do one’s best to rectify it and resolve any harm that might have been caused.
• Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.